Urban & Town Curbside (Weekly Collection)
Residents within the town limits of Hillsborough, Carrboro, and Chapel Hill (including the portion of Chapel Hill within Durham County) in single-family homes or duplexes qualify for weekly curbside collection of recycling in 95-gallon roll carts.
Cart Recycling Reminders
- Do not bag recycling in a plastic trash bag. Items must be loose inside cart.
- Empty, flatten, cut or fold corrugated cardboard boxes so they fit loosely inside cart.
- Items must fit loosely and the lid must be able to fully close.
- Line up the front of the cart so it is flush along the curb.
- No plastic bags, Styrofoam or garbage, please.
- Only items inside the cart will be recycled; items on top or left on the ground will not be recycled.
- Place cart with cart lid opening toward the street.
- Place your cart at the curb with 3 feet clearance from cars, trees and other objects.
How do I get a replacement cart, or a repair? Contact our office if your cart is missing or it needs a repair. Cart replacement costs $60, however there is no charge for a one time replacement if the loss or damage is through no fault of the household. If resident would like to purchase an additional cart they may do so for a one-time fee of $60.