- Departments G - Z
- Health Department
- Emergency Preparedness
Is your family prepared for a tornado, hurricane, flood, or other disaster?
Emergency Supply Checklist
See what you need to make your own emergency supply kit in English (PDF) or Spanish (PDF).
Make a Plan
Disasters rarely strike on your schedule so it is important to have a plan in advance. Your plan should include things like:
- What are the safe places to seek shelter in your home?
- How will you contact your family, friends, neighbors?
- What should you do in various disaster situations (hurricane, tornado, fire, flood, etc...)?
This video, which is available in many languages, will help you to make sure that you and your family are ready for Orange County hazards, such as snow storms or hurricanes.
Video in ENGLISH, NO SOUND
Video in ENGLISH
Video in SPANISH
Video in MANDARIN
Video in BURMESE
Video in KAREN
Video in ARABIC
Video in KINYARWANDA
Preparedness Workshop PowerPoint Presentations:
POWERPOINT IN ENGLISH
POWERPOINT IN SPANISH
POWERPOINT IN CHINESE
POWERPOINT IN KINYARWANDA
POWERPOINT IN BURMESE
POWERPOINT IN KAREN
POWERPOINT IN ARABIC
Food Safety Plans for Hurricanes
- Source: FDA
- Keep Food Safe After a Disaster or Emergency: (In 8 other languages in addition to English)
- Food Safety for Power Outages: (In 7 other languages in addition to English; poster/flyer linked below is linked from this page, and available in each of the 7 languages)
- Eat Safe Food After a Power Outage poster/flyer
Visit Ready.gov for a downloadable plan and other helpful information to make sure you are ready in advance.
- FEMA - Federal Emergency Management Agency
- CDC - Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- SNS - CDC's Strategic National Stockpile
- NACCHO - National Association of County and City Health Officials
- Orange County Emergency Services
- When the Sky Turns Grey - Animated video about winter storm preparedness (click video below)
For more information contact: