Quarantine is when you have been exposed to the virus and may or may not be infected AND you do not have any symptoms.
Isolation is when you are sick or when you have been infected with the virus, even if you don’t have symptoms. Isolation separates people who are infected with the virus from others, even in their own home. When in isolation / quarantine you should:
- Stay in a separate room from other members of your household, if possible.
- Use a separate bathroom from other members of your household, if possible.
- Clean your hands often. Wash your hands with soap and water, or use hand sanitizer if soap and water aren’t available.
- Don’t share personal household items, such as towels, bedding, cups and utensils.
- Wear a well-fitting mask, especially when you need to be around other people in your house.
READ MORE: https://www.orangecountync.gov/DocumentCenter/View/18833/isolation_quarantine_jan_2022-social-media-cards
This INFOGRAPHIC is a visual guide to isolation/ quarantine guidance.