Formal Notice of Appeal to Board of Equitation & Review
- The taxpayer should complete the Formal Notice of Appeal Form (PDF) and submit it to the Board of Equalization and Review, who considers the appeal and makes a decision based on the evidence presented by the taxpayer.
- Appeals to the BOER can be filed online at https://appeal.spatialest.com/nc-orange
- The Board’s Notice of Decision is mailed to the taxpayer after the adjournment of the Board of Equalization and Review.
- Completed minutes may be viewed online.
THE 2021 BOARD OF EQUALIZATION AND REVIEW (BOER) MEETING TO CONVENE
Due to continued public health concerns, the Orange County Board of Equalization and Review is conducting their Meeting to Convene on May 3, 2021 at 2:00PM as a Virtual Meeting.
This meeting and all meetings listed below, will be held virtually unless otherwise noted. Members of the public are able to view the meeting by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. A link to the meeting will be provided.
The Board will meet on the following days at 1:00PM (unless otherwise noted):
- Tuesday, May 25
- Wednesday, May 26
- Thursday, May 27
- Tuesday, June 1
- Wednesday, June 2
- Thursday, June 3
- Tuesday, June 8
- Wednesday, June 9
- Thursday, June 10
- Tuesday, June 15
- Wednesday, June 16
- Thursday, June 17,
- Tuesday, June 22,
- Wednesday, June 23 In-Person at 300 West Tryon Street, Hillsborough at 1:00PM
- Thursday, June 24 Virtual at 4PM.
- Monday June 28
- Tuesday, June 29
- Wednesday, June 30
- Wednesday, July 28
- Thursday, July 29
- Wednesday, August 11
- Thursday, August 12
- Tuesday, August 17
- Wednesday, August 18
- Thursday, August 19
- Tuesday, August 24
- Wednesday, August 25
- Thursday, August 26
- Tuesday, August 31 In-Person 228 South Churton Street, Hillsborough @ 1:00PM
- Wednesday September 1, Meeting to Adjourn from 1:00PM to 5:00PM
*All appeals must be received by the Board’s adjournment date of Wednesday, September 1, 2021.
(*Exception: Certain appeals may be filed for the current year after the adjournment of the Board of Equalization and Review. These exceptions generally occur when the taxpayer is first notified of a change in valuation or exemption status after the adjournment of the Board. Typically, the taxpayer has 15 to 30 days to appeal to the Board, depending on the reason for the notice.)
File Appeal online: https://appeal.spatialest.com/nc-orange
Put in our lockbox located at:
Orange County Tax Office
228 S Churton Street
Hillsborough, NC 27278
Orange County Board of Equalization and Review
Orange County Tax Office
P.O. Box 8181
Hillsborough, NC 27278-8181
Contact Orange County Tax Office (919) 245-2100 option 2 for questions.