The Tax Assessment Division is responsible for identifying, reporting and assigning a value to taxable property. These values are used to ensure equitable taxation across the County.
Local property taxes are based on the value of real property and certain types of personal property. It is the responsibility of the Tax Office to ensure that property values are assessed uniformly and equitably among all property owners throughout the County.
- January 1 - January 31: Required Annual Listing Period
- January 1 - March 31: Informal Property Assessment Appeals
- April 1 - June: Formal Property Assessment Appeals (Hearings conducted by the Board of Equalization & Review and the N.C. State Property Tax Commission)
- June: Board of County Commissioners adopt Tax Rate
- July - August: Property owners receive annual Tax Bill.
- September 1: Property Tax Bills are due.
- January 5 : Last day to pay Tax Bills without interest
- Search Address Related Information (ARIES): Search for services and public information related to your address.
- Property Ownership and History Inquiry (PIN App): Search tool to provide ownership information for properties. Tool also includes history of property and ownership. Can be used in conjunction with Register of Deeds Document Inquiry to conduct detailed research on property and history. Formerly known as Property Information Search Page.
- Orange County Interactive GIS Mapping Systems: Interactive mapping system with options for viewing all of Orange County or zooming down to specific parcels.
- Orange Address Database: The address search offers search by PIN or Street Name (with a selection list of all Orange County streets).
- Orange County Real Estate Data: This tool provides access to property data for real properties in the County. It allows you to view the County's record of a property’s current physical characteristics.