Orange County Department on Aging and the Senior Health Advocacy and Resource Partners of Orange County (SHARP) honored thirty-one individuals for their outstanding service in long-term care on Oct 22 during a virtual Direct Care Worker Award ceremony.
Penny Rich, chair of the Orange County Board of Commissioners, recognized all thirty-one nominees including six individuals who received the following 2020 SHARP Direct Care Worker awards:
- Longevity: Vivian Dixon – Brookdale Meadowmont
- Rising Star: Kim Mayorquin – Carolwoods Retirement Community
- Client Impact: Ashley Horton – Homewatch Caregivers of the Triangle
- Going the Extra Mile: Deborah Carmichael- Elmcroft of Hillsborough
- Leadership: Marla Johnson – Charles House Association
- Direct Care Worker of the Year: Joey Duffy – ACORN (pictured at right)