The Orange County Department of Social Services is preparing for our annual holiday program, The Toy Chest. Toy Chest provides assistance to Orange County children 0-12 years of age, who are at or below 200% poverty. We are in need of volunteers! The program’s success is always contingent our volunteers. Please look at the volunteer options below:
- Individual volunteers must be at least 16 to volunteer without an adult,
- Groups of teens 16 to 18 must have an adult chaperone for every group of four.
- Adolescents 13 to 15 must be accompanied by an adult.
- All Toy Chest Escorts must be at least 18 years old.
Volunteers are asked to:
- Arrive 30 minutes before their shift for orientation and commit to at least 2 hours.
- Sign a confidentiality agreement prior to working at the Toy Chest.
Toy Chest will operate at:
Orange County Department of Social Services
113 Mayo Street
Hillsborough, NC 27278
To volunteer, please contact Kysha Thompson, 919.245.2803 or email the holiday program.