Americans with Disabilities Act
For more information on the American with Disabilities Act click this link.
Orange County Public Transportation provides an equivalent accessible transportation option to people who are unable to use the fixed-route bus service because of a disability. Orange County Public Transportation provides rides, from origin to destination, within the ¾-mile of its fixed routes. To use OCPT ADA service please complete and turn in this form.
Who should apply?
- anyone unable to use the fixed -route service due to barriers (i.e. steep stairs, busy intersections, hills, lack of curb cuts or sidewalks etc.)
- someone who has difficulty travel alone and /or recognizing new destinations
How to apply?
- Complete the ADA Paratransit Service form.
- Have your doctor, rehabilitation specialist or qualified health care provider complete and sign the professional verification section.
- Send completed application to Orange County Public Transportation Administration Office:
- P.O. BOX 8181 Hillsborough, NC 27278 or
- Fax to: (919) 732-2137
* If you need an alternative format of this application or additional information, please contact us at (919) 245-2008 or email@example.com
In the event that you feel like you have been discriminated against while using the services provided by Orange County Public Transportation please complete the ADA Complaint Form.
Request for Reasonable Modification Request
Orange County Public Transportation is committed to making reasonable modifications to its policies, practices and procedures to ensure programs and services are accessible. If a passenger requires modification of any OCPT policies to accommodate their disability, they may request such a modification by completing the Request for Reasonable Modifications Form.
Please note, a request for a reasonable modification will not be considered if it:
- Fundamentally alters Orange County Public Transportation’s services or programs
- Creates a direct threat to health or safety of others
- Not necessary to use Orange County Public Transportation’s services
- Cause an undue financial and/or administrative burden
Contact our office at 919-245-2008 if you have any questions or concerns.