Click to jump to:
Get help finding alternative transportation options in Orange County by contacting the Department on Aging Transportation Specialist, Brandi Beeker, at 919-717-1853 or email Brandi Beeker.
The Transportation Specialist is responsible for building awareness of current transportation services and helping to improve these services for the older adult population.
Although the Transportation Specialist does not provide direct transportation, she is available to help identify transportation options for non-drivers and help with accessing services. The Transportation Specialist advocates for, and works to support, the transportation needs of the older adult community in Orange County.
Volunteer Driver Program
Volunteer Drivers Needed
- Rider Waiver (PDF)
- Volunteer Driver Acknowledgement and Agreement (PDF)
- Volunteer Driver Application (PDF)
Classes and Trips
Learn More about Public Transportation
Bus Riding Class 101
- Make your life better by traveling on public buses. Find out where the public buses go, where to get schedules and what the buses cost to ride. Also learn about door to door transportation, eligibility, and how to sign up for services.
Bus Travel Training
- Have you ever wondered where the bus goes that stops near your home? Here are opportunities to join a group and ride the bus. Not only will you learn the bus route first hand but you will become familiar with bus riding in general.
- Learn more about transportation through hands-on education with community experts.
Join the Transportation Senior Resource Team (SRT)
- Passionate about public transportation? Participate in our SRT to enhance the overall well-being of Orange County seniors through meaningful education and advocacy around driving alternatives.
Become a Volunteer Driver
- Help an older adult, be a volunteer driver! Providing transportation helps connect older adults to beneficial services and organizations
For more information, contact transportation specialist, Brandi Beeker at 919-717-1853.