Individuals can fill out an application online or at the either building of the Orange County Department of Social Services; or have an application mailed to them, which can be completed and returned to the Department of Social Services by mail or in person. Some area Health Care Providers and your local Health Department also have application forms on hand. Applications can also be downloaded at the NCDHHS website.
Bringing the following items will aid in the process of applications:
- Birth certificates or other legal proof of age for children under age 21
- Copies of all medical or life insurance policies for all persons you are applying for
- A copy of all pay stubs for the prior month
- Current statements for any other source of income such as Social Security, retirement benefits, Veterans benefits or child support
- A list of all cars, trucks, motorcycles or any other vehicles you are anyone in your household own
- Most recent bank statements
- Proof of alien status for applicants who are not U.S. citizens
- Proof of pregnancy (a statement from your doctor or another health professional) if you are applying for pregnancy coverage.
- Social security cards or numbers for all persons you are applying for