Individuals can fill out an application at either building of the Orange County Department of Social Services. Applications generally need to be made in person by the applicant or his representative. Persons receiving SSI (Supplementary Security Income) are automatically eligible, and can apply at the Social Security Administration Office.
Individuals can apply online or download and return applications on the NCDHHS website.
Bringing the following items will aid in the process of applications:
- Copies of all medical or life insurance policies for all persons you are applying for
- Current statements for any source of income including as Social Security, retirement benefits, Veterans benefits or child support
- Most recent bank statements
- Proof of alien status for applicants who are not U.S. citizens
- Social security cards or numbers for all persons you are applying for