Governor Roy Cooper announced Feb. 10 that childcare workers, educators and school personnel in pre-K through grade 12, including private and charter schools, will be eligible to receive a COVID vaccine beginning Feb. 24. Other frontline essential workers listed in Group 3 will become eligible Mar. 10.
The Orange County Health Department (OCHD) is preparing to vaccinate educators, including Pre-k through 12 (public, private, and charter schools), and childcare providers. Health Department staff are reaching out to childcare workers, educators and school personnel in pre-K through grade 12, including private and charter schools to get them signed up. They will be prioritized over the other Group 3 essential workers on the waiting list.
It may take a few weeks or longer before the Health Department notifies educators and staff to schedule an appointment with Orange County Health Department as vaccine supplies remain limited. Educators and staff may check with all of the different organizations vaccinating in Orange County. If they have already signed up on the OCHD interest survey they do not need to sign up again.
The Orange County Health Department is not the only place to get the vaccine. See a full list of vaccinators at myspot.nc.gov or call 888-892-1162.
Providers vaccinating in Orange County (note that the list is subject to change):
- Orange County Health Department ― Visit their Get Your Shot page to sign up or call 919-913-8088 between 8:30 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. seven days a week.
- UNC Health ― Visit the Get Vaccinated page or call 984-215-5485 between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. Monday-Friday.
- Piedmont Health Services ― Visit the COVID-19 Testing and Vaccination page or call 919-545-3452.
- Hillsborough Pharmacy ― Visit their Home Page or call 919-245-1212.
- Duke Health ― Visit the COVID-19 Vaccines Update page to join the waiting list. If you are a Duke MyChart user, you can check Duke MyChart regularly to view appointment availability.
- Cone Health ― Visit the COVID-19 Vaccine Information page to join the waiting list.
- Durham Veterans Affairs Health Care System ― Call 919-286-0411 and dial 0 for the operator to schedule an appointment if you are a veteran at high risk or a veteran frontline essential worker. The VA will reach out to more veterans as additional supplies become available. See the system’s website for more information. See the COVID-19 Vaccine for High Risk Veterans to see the listing of veterans eligible now for vaccination through the VA.
- Walgreens ― Five Walgreens in Orange County offer vaccines:
- 1670 Martin Luther King, Jr. Blvd., Chapel Hill
- 1500 E. Franklin St., Chapel Hill
- 801 Mebane Oaks Rd., Mebane
- 1106 Environ Way, Chapel Hill
- 200 US Highway 70 E, Hillsborough