Orange County Solid Waste has announced that homeowners impacted by the storms that hit Orange County on April 5 are eligible to have their solid waste disposal fees eliminated when bringing storm-related debris to the Orange County Landfill.
Only properties identified by Orange County Emergency Management are eligible for this waiver, and the following restrictions apply:
- Affected property must contact the Department of Solid Waste Management to see if their residence qualifies for the fee waiver.
- The Property Owner or their representative must adhere to the size limits for tree stumps, and all material shall be required to comply with the Regulated Recyclable Material Ordinance.
- Tree logs shall not be longer than 12 feet in length nor wider than 14 inches in diameter.
Once an application is approved, the property owner will receive a unique identifier, which must be presented to the scale house upon arrival at the Orange County Landfill (1514 Eubanks Road, Chapel Hill, NC 27516). Materials must be disposed of at the landfill.
How to apply
Impacted residents may call Solid Waste Management at (919) 968-2788 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to request a waiver. Please include the street address of the property. Residents who have already disposed of storm-related debris may contact SWM to request a refund.
Types of debris accepted
- Construction and demolition waste
- Yard Waste and Clean wood
- Scrap Metal and large appliances