Orange County Department on Aging invites the public to unwind with family and friends while enjoying a live concert each Wednesday evening in August, beginning Aug. 2.
The five-week concert series, “Wind Down Wednesdays,” is FREE and open to the public. Concerts will feature an eclectic mix of music each week (country, jazz, rock & roll and much more), so be sure to bring your lawn chairs, picnic dinner and dancing shoes!
Hand held fans will be given to the first 25 people to arrive on each Wednesday. Snacks and lemonade will be served. Registration is preferred, but not required for this community-wide event.
Concerts will take place at the Seymour Center located at 2551 Homestead Road in Chapel Hill.
Concert Dates and Genres
- August 2: Marie Vanderbeck’s Jazz Trio – Enjoy jazz, pop and folk, and even some country music!
- August 9: Gray Rock Transit – Featuring classic rock, country, R&B, and “Oldies.”
- August 16: Regina Gale and the Bradshaw Quartet – For all lovers of music, come experience the jazzy, soulful and sultry expressions of song that will delight you!
- August 23: Penny’s Bend – Paying tribute to a wide range of popular artists from Patsy Cline, Prince and Beyoncé to Johnny Cash, Tom Petty and Madonna!
- August 30: The Blue Moon Steppers – Country Dance Band that features classic country songs - both slow and peppy - by artists such as Patsy Cline, Johnny Cash and many more standard artists.
Come out and enjoy the music, you'll be glad you did! For more information or to register, please call the Seymour Center at 919-968-2070.