Child Support Services
The Child Support Services Department strives to obtain child support for Orange County children, thereby strengthening the family’s potential for economic independence and self sufficiency and reducing the taxpayers’ costs of public assistance.
Obtain child support for the children of Orange County by:
- Enforcing child support orders
- Establishing child support orders
- Establishing paternity for children born outside marriage
- Locating non-custodial parents
The state offices for Child Support Services can be reached at: 800-992-9457
- Hours: 7:30 a.m. to 7:30 p.m.
- An automated system is operational 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
What is Child Support?
Apply for Child Support Services
Submit your application online by visiting https://ncchildsupport.ncdhhs.gov/ecoa/caseApplicationInfo/1.htm
Want to make your child support payment?
Learn more about our new Smart e-Pay Options here: https://ncchildsupport.ncdhhs.gov/ecoa/smartpayopt.htm
Detailed information on North Carolina child support laws and services can be found in the links below:
NC Child Support https://www.ncchildsupport.com/ecoa/
FAQs about the Platinum smiONE VISA for Child Support Payments:
NC Department of Health and Human Services Child Support Division https://www.ncdhhs.gov/