• Office Hours: The Planning and Inspections Department is open 8:00 am to 5:00 pm Monday through Friday.
• Trade Permit documents submit to: firstname.lastname@example.org
• All other Permit applications submit to:email@example.com
• Meetings: In-person meeting [when necessary] must be pre-scheduled (with staff member receiving the meeting) and conducted in meeting rooms. Correspondence and communication are encouraged to be by phone or email.
• Plan Review: Residential and Commercial reviews are performed electronically by reviewer. Plans will be received by email or by coordination with Property Development Specialist using file sharing means. Flash drive or external media devices are not accepted.
• Fee Payment: Payment by credit card will be processed electronically. Checks and cash are accepted, but discouraged.
• Permits: Submission and processing of permit documents are preferred through electronic and remote means. Physical documents will be accepted. Submission of large format plan documents are to be coordinated with plans examiner or property development specialist.
• Pre-construction Meeting: May be scheduled by coordinating with Chief Inspector.
• Inspections: Requests for inspection are taken by calling 919-245-2600. Please identify when scheduling if inspection is to be performed in an occupied building. All inspections are scheduled for the next business day. Coordinate any specific inspection need with the inspector himself Statutorily required General Statute 143-139 mandates code enforcement inspections be performed within 2 business days of being requested.