Changes to C&D at Waste and Recycling Centers Effective as of August 3, 2020:
Limited amounts of Residential construction and demolition (C&D) waste may be brought in by Orange County Residents from their primary residence to the Waste and Recycling Centers (other than Bradshaw Quarry which will NOT accept construction and demolition waste).
Orange County residents may bring up to 60 cubic feet of residential construction and demolition waste per household per day or weekend period from their primary residence to the Ferguson Rd, High Rock, Walnut Grove Church Rd and Eubanks Waste and Recycling Centers. C&D is not accepted at the Bradshaw Quarry Location.
- Loads exceeding 60 cubic feet of construction and demolition waste will not be accepted.
- Unloading part of a load larger than 60 cubic feet of construction and demolition waste will not be allowed. If the load exceeds 60 cubic feet of C&D, no material may be unloaded.
- Proof of residency is required prior to unloading of material.
- Separate dumpsters will be provided for C&D only.
- Hired contractors may not use the Center.
Allowable construction and demolition waste for this purpose is limited to:
- Kitchen cabinets
- Carpet/ flooring
- Wood: including lumber, plywood/pressed board or any wood that is painted, pressure treated or stained
- Doors, windows, siding
- Deconstructed Playground set made of lumber
- Decks, stairs
*NOTE: any scrap metal, corrugated cardboard or, unpainted, untreated, solid sawn lumber associated with construction must be recycled in the appropriate bin at the WRCs
Image below represents 60 cubic feet of material. Bed of truck is 8 ft long, 5 ft wide and 2 ft deep.