Climate Change Mitigation Goals:
- On June 6th 2017, the Board of Orange County Commissioners passed a resolution to proportionally uphold the Paris Climate Agreement to reduce greenhouse gas emissions between 26 and 28 percent by 2025 from 2005 levels.
- On September 5th 2017, the Board of Orange County Commissioners adopted a resolution to transition to a 100% renewable energy based economy by 2050.
Current Utility Reduction Goal for Orange County Facilities:
- Reduce the energy intensity (energy used per square foot) of County facilities by 3% within the FY20 fiscal year compared to the FY19 fiscal year.
Previous Utility Reduction Goals for Orange County Facilities and Fleet:
- Building Energy Consumption - 20% cumulative energy reduction from 2010 baseline, as measured in millions of british thermal units per 1,000 square foot of occupied space by 2015 and an additional 10% cumulative energy reduction by 2017
- Vehicle Fuel Consumption - 10% cumulative fuel savings as measured by total fuel usage against the 2010 baseline by 2015 and an additional 5% cumulative fuel savings reduction by 2017
- Water Consumption - 5% cumulative water savings as measured by gallons used per square foot of occupied space against the 2010 baseline by 2017