Environmental Health Division
Environmental Health is a service within the Orange County Health Department and is responsible for protection of public health through the following programs:
CLICK HERE FOR SEPTIC AND WELL APPLICATION
*NOTICE APPLICANTS WILL NEED PLAN ASSESSMENT APPROVALS FOR THE PLANNING JURISDICTION OF THE PROPERTY.
A SITE PLAN IS REQUIRED.
- Food Safety for Retail Food Service Establishments
- Child Care Centers
- Swimming Pools
- Tattoo Artists Permits
- Other Establishment Types
Septic Systems, Wells and Water Testing
- Septic Assist
- Septic Systems
- Water Testing
- Property Information Search - ARIES
- Public Water Supply Referral
- Schedule of Fees July 1, 2018
Please tell us how we are doing by taking this quick survey - thank you for your input!
Click HERE to take survey.
Need Information on Property Records Only?
Have an Environmental Health Question and Aren't Sure Who to Ask?
Orange County Environmental Health serves as a referral service to other agencies for related issues including:
- Air quality (outdoor)
- Air quality (indoor) (mold, radon, moisture, asthma, etc.)
- Environmental Complaint Referral (NCDENR)
- Epidemiology in NC
- Hazardous waste disposal
- Healthy Water information (CDC)
- Landlord/Tenant Complaints (HUD)
- Solid waste disposal
- Stream quality
- Underground storage tanks
- Well Water and Health - NCDHHS
- Workplace Safety (NCDOL)
This video shows a little bit about what Environmental Health does for Orange County.