How can I report a service outage?
  • Duke Power: 1-800-POWERON (1-800-769-3766) (Click here for Duke Power outage maps).
  • If you lose power, text REG to 57801 for text alerts from Duke Energy. With outage alerts, we'll notify you by text, voice message or email when you have an outage. We'll also send status updates and estimated restoration times. Sign up and manage contact information online. Or simply send a text with the message REG to the phone number 57801 to receive outage alerts by text.
  • Piedmont Electric: Main Office:1-800-449-2667 OR Report Outage:1-800-222-3107 (PEMC outage map).
  • Text message instructions: You can also report outages via text message. To opt into the program, text “pemc” to 800.222.3107. Then text “#out” to report an outage. For outage updates, text “#status”. Please note that it may take up to 24 hours for the system to recognize new signups.
  • PSNC: 1-877-776-2427:: Click here for signs of a gas leak.
  • Town of Hillsborough water customers should report water line breaks and other water-related emergencies by calling 919-732-3621.

Show All Answers

1. How can I receive current information about the storm?
2. How can I report a service outage?
3. How do I sign up for the special needs registry?
4. What do I do if I come across a downed tree in the roadway?
5. If I have a tree fall on my house, who do I call?
6. I have a lot of food in my freezer. What should I do?
7. How can I report damage to the county?