Blackwood Farm Park - TEMPORARILY CLOSED FOR CONSTRUCTION
- Hiking Trails
- Historic Farmlands
- Open Fields
- Picnic Areas
- Picnic Shelters
- Picnic Tables
- Pond with Fishing Area
Blackwood Farm Park will be closed beginning July 5, 2021 for construction. Due to supply constraint issues construction is taking longer than originally estimated (12 months). The park remains closed until all work is completed. The Board of County Commissioners received an update on the park at their May 18, 2021 meeting. If you would like to receive updates on the park during construction please subscribe to the Orange County Newsletter here: https://www.co.orange.nc.us/list.aspx?ListID=324.
Hours of Operation
- Blackwood Farm Park is open Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday.
- January, February, November, and December 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- March and October 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- April and September 8 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- May to August 8 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- Closed: New Year's Day, Thanksgiving Day and the day after, December 23rd, 24th, and 25th
- 4 Miles of Hiking Trails
- Historic farmhouse, barn, smoke house, corncrib and other outbuildings
- Open Fields
- Picnic Area
- Picnic Shelter with Tables
- Pond with fishing area (no boating) - requires valid fishing license (over 16 years old) artificial bait only
- Restroom Facilities
Dogs (on leashes) are welcome at the park.
In December 2001, Orange County purchased this 152-acre site for a future park.
A map of the Master Plan for the future Blackwood Farm Park was adopted by the Orange County Board of Commissioners on March 3, 2011 and amended on March 20, 2018, and February 1, 2021. View a map of the amended Master Plan.
View registration information for facilities on our Program and Facilities Registration page.