Caregiver Education Series: Caregiver Self-Care (NOTE: Date Change)
Sometimes our own health and wellbeing can get pushed to the back burner when we’re focused on caring for someone else. Join Kendall Kopchick to learn techniques and resources to help you care for yourself while providing care to another. Register by Wednesday November 16 at 5:00pm. Contact Kendall Kopchick (919-245-4278 or Kkopchick@orangecountync.gov) for more information or to register.
- Thursday, November 17 at 1:30pm via Zoom
Dementia Basics: What Can We Expect?
This four-part is designed to provide basic information about dementia to individuals with memory concerns, caregivers, family members, friends, and interested community members. Each week will focus on a different topic related to dementia. Location: Passmore Center.
- Monday, November 7 - Session 1: Brain Health, 1-3pm
- Monday, November 14 - Session 2: Types & Stages of Dementia, 1-3pm
- Monday, November 21 - Session 3: Communication, 1-3pm
- Monday, November 28 - Session 4: Preparing for the Journey Ahead, 1-3pm
The series is designed to be taken all together, but you are welcome to register for individual sessions. Register by Thursday November 3 via phone or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Dementia - Let's Talk About It (Virtual via Zoom)
Join OCDoA’s dementia care specialists for a conversation around topics related to dementia education, living with cognitive change, and being a dementia caregiver. We will provide 15-30 minutes of education at the start of the hour, and the remaining time will be spent in conversation, Q&A, and resource-sharing around the day’s topic. Contact the Aging Helpline (919-968-2087) for more information and registration.
- Tuesday, November 1 at 10:15am: Holidays with Dementia
- Tuesday, November 15 at 10:15am: Tools for Dementia Caregiving
Join us for a free, fun, low stress social engagement opportunity for people living with dementia and their care partners. Contact Kendall Kopchick (919-245-4278 or Kkopchick@orangecountync.gov) for more information or to register.
- Memory Café on the Move
- Friday, November 4 at 2pm at Margret Lane Gallery (121 W. Margret Ln. Hillsborough, NC 27278)
- Register by Tuesday, November 1 at 5pm
Support groups are a space to meet with other caregivers to share experiences, learn new skills, and get answers to questions about dementia and other long-term disabilities. We have resumed in-person meetings and have added a new Zoom only group.
Chapel Hill Parkinson's Support Group
- Chapel Hill Support Group
- Contact Kendall Kopchick to join - email@example.com or 919-245-4278.
- 2nd & 4th Fridays: November 11th at 10:30am at Seymour
- Cancelled for November 25th
- Hillsborough Support Group
- Zoom Only Support Group
- Contact Kim Lamon-Loperfido to join - firstname.lastname@example.org or 919-245-4253.
- 1st & 3rd Tuesdays: November 8th and 22nd at 12:30pm via Zoom
This month's meetings will be split group discussion. Contact Maggie Ivanic
for more information and to RSVP.
Chapel Hill PSP & CBD Support Group
- Virtual Carepartner Group: Tuesday, November 1 at 12:30, via Zoom
- Virtual Parkinson's Disease Group: Tuesday, November 1 at 2:30, via Zoom
Support group for Progressive Supranuclear Palsy and Corticobasal Degeneration. This month the group will take time for open discussion and sharing about what we are thankful for during this month of gratitude. Contact Maggie Ivancic
for more information and to RSVP
Caregiver Workshop at Soltys Place
- Wednesday, November 2 at 1:30pm, via Zoom
How do you care for yourself while caring for someone? A 4 part series:
- November 3rd - Emotional Health
- November 10th - Physical Health/Protecting Your Body
- November 17th - How Can I Get a Break? Who do I Call?
- December 1st - Walking Support Group (Outside)
Classes meet at Soltys Place (105 Meadowlands Drive, Hillsborough) at 5:30pm each Thursday. Sponsored by Soltys Place and NeuroNation Physical Therapy & Wellness