OC Arts Commission accepting applications for Grassroots Arts Program grants for schools
Since 1977, the N. C. Arts Council’s Grassroots Arts Program has provided North Carolina citizens access to quality arts experiences. The program distributes funds for the arts in all 100 counties of the state primarily through partnerships with local arts councils. The Orange County Arts Commission (OCAC) serves as the N. C. Arts Council’s partner in awarding subgrants to local organizations for arts programs in Orange County, as well as additional grant funds approved by the Orange County Board of County Commissioners.
ELIGIBILITY FOR APPLICATION
- All schools must reside within Orange County.
- Organizations that receive general support funds through the N.C. Arts Council OR the N.C. Department of Natural and Cultural Resources are not eligible for Grassroots funds.
- Individuals are not eligible to apply for Grassroots Arts funds.
- Applications and support materials must be submitted electronically by the due date.
- Monday November 2: Application Period opens
- Friday, November 13: Applications are due by midnight
- No later than Friday, November 20: Applicants will be notified
- All projects must take place before June 30, 2021
Grassroots Arts Program funds may be used for expenditures to conduct quality arts programs in public or private schools. Typical uses of Grassroots money include program expenses such as professional artists’ fees and travel, space rental, advertising, marketing and publicity, website and electronic media, scripts, costumes, sets, props, music and theater equipment rental.
Schools wishing to hire teaching artists or in-school (in-person or virtual) performances are encouraged to utilize the ArtsCenter’s 2020/21 Artist Roster
. Schools booking artists in conjunction with The ArtsCenter will not be required to provide work samples in this application.QUESTIONS & ASSISTANCE
Be sure to check out our F.A.Q’s for Schools
. If you have questions or need assistance, please contact Katie Murray at 919-245-2335 or email@example.com.