Orange County Board of Commissioners
Business Meeting Agenda for June 16, 2020
Due to current public health concerns, the Orange County Board of Commissioners is conducting a virtual business meeting on June 16, 2020. Members of the Board of Commissioners will be participating in the meeting remotely. Members of the public will be able to view and listen to the meeting and have the opportunity to provide public comment. The public may submit written comments by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Individuals who wish to speak must pre-register using the instructions included in the agenda.
As in prior meetings, the meeting will be streamed in real-time on the County’s website for public viewing/listening at http://www.orangecountync.gov/967/Meeting-Videos . There will also be real-time broadcast on Spectrum Cable and video-recording for future television broadcast and reference on the County’s website.
The full agenda for the Orange County Board of Commissioners’ virtual business meeting on Tuesday, June 16, 2020 has been posted to the link below.
For a link to each agenda item as a separate file, please use the link below.
Virtual Business Meeting
June 16, 2020
Viewable on the link below
6. Regular Agenda
a. Approval of Fiscal Year 2020-21 Budget Ordinance, County Grant Projects, and County Fee Schedule
The Board will consider voting adopt the FY2020-21 Budget Ordinance, the FY2020-21 County Grant Projects, and the FY2020-21 County Fee Schedule, consistent with the parameters outlined in the Board’s “Resolution of Intent to Adopt the FY2020-21 Orange County Budget”.
b. Approval of the Orange County Capital Investment Plan Projects of $35,003,347 for FY2020-21
The Board will consider voting to approve the Orange County Capital Investment Plan Projects of $35,003,347 for FY2020-21.
c. Approval of Small Business Program Modifications
The Board will consider voting to:
1) Establish the Small Business Fund on the County’s Books and Chart of Accounts;
2) Approve the transfer of the remaining balance of $510,000 from the Small Business bank account to the County’s bank account, of which $410,000 is to be used for Emergency grants to small businesses and the remaining $100,000 and any residual balances to be deposited in the County’s bank account;
3) Approve the Staff and Small Business Loan Board recommendation for the eventual dissolution of the nonprofit entity named the Orange County Small Business Loan Company Program; and
4) Approve the Staff and Small Business Loan Board recommendation to make all 11 existing loans with an outstanding balance of $286,508.17 as zero interest and subsequent Small Business Loans as zero interest.
d. Amendments to the Orange County Solid Waste Ordinance Regarding Disposal of Construction and Demolition Waste at Waste and Recycling Centers
The Board will consider voting to:
1) approve a proposed resolution amending the Solid Waste Ordinance with the amendments becoming effective August 3, 2020;
2) direct solid waste staff to consistently enforce Section 34-40 of the Solid Waste Ordinance related to construction and demolition waste as set forth in the amended Ordinance beginning August 3, 2020; and
3) in the interim, pursue a public education effort to inform the public and also make signage improvements at the various Centers to educate the public and enhance administration of the Ordinance provisions.
a. Report from Sheriff Charles Blackwood on Policing, Racial Justice, and Equity in Orange County
The Board will receive a report on the Sheriff’s efforts to achieve more equitable policing.
b. Discussion on a Potential Community Forum Regarding Policing and Racial Justice and Equity in Orange County
The Board will discuss and consider voting to approve a potential community forum regarding policing and racial justice and equity in Orange County and a resolution calling for such a forum.
8. Consent Agenda
b. Motor Vehicle Property Tax Releases/Refunds
c. Property Tax Releases/Refunds
d. Voluntary Agricultural District Designation – Multiple Farms
e. Approval of Two Contracts Associated with the State of North Carolina’s “Building Reuse Grant” Incentive to ABB, Inc.
f. Request for Road Additions to the State Maintained Secondary Road System for Peninsula Lane and Grassland Court in The Bluffs at Moorefields Subdivision
g. JCPC Certification for FY 2020-2021
h. Resolution of Approval – Conservation Easement on Triangle Land Conservancy’s Patterson-Thornton Property
i. Update to Orange County Limited English Proficiency Policy (“Orange County “Language Access Plan”)
j. Approval of Contract with Ceres Environmental Services, Inc. as a Secondary Provider for Disaster Debris Removal and Clearance Service
k. Fiscal Year 2019-20 Budget Amendment #11
l. Application for North Carolina Education Lottery Proceeds for Chapel Hill – Carrboro City Schools (CHCCS) and Contingent Approval of Budget Amendment #11-A Related to CHCCS Capital Project Ordinances
m. Application for North Carolina Education Lottery Proceeds for Orange County Schools (OCS) and Contingent Approval of Budget Amendment #11-B Related to OCS Capital Project Ordinances
n. Endorsement of Letter to Governor Roy Cooper from Orange County Climate Council