Upcoming free events at Senior Centers
Alternate Endings: An End Of Life Choices Event
Project EngAGE’s End of Life Choices Senior Resource Team proudly presents a celebration of the freedom of choice at the end of one’s life. The documentary Alternate Endings
tells the stories of six people nearing death and family members of the recently deceased, who have chosen nontraditional end-of-life options and remembrances.
Please join us for a profoundly intimate and illuminating film that explores what it means to be near death and captures the healing power of honoring, giving thanks, and staying true to our loved ones wishes.
Wednesday, Feb. 5, 4-6 p.m.
Register by Friday, Jan. 31, call (919) 968-2070
Seymour Center, 2551 Homestead Rd., Chapel Hill
Our distinguished panel of experts will be present to offer their knowledge on End-of-Life choices and engage in thoughtful audience Q & A. I Voted! Now What? How to get more involved before the elections
Join the Policy and Advocacy Senior Resource Team to learn more about how to make your voice heard at the local and state levels and how to make advocacy fit with your life. You don’t have to wait until November 2020 to make a real impact!
Panelists and presenters will include:
- Mia Burroughs, former Chair. Orange County Board of Commissioners
- Mary Warren, Director of the Triangle J Council of Governments Area Agency on Aging
- Helen Savage, former AARP NC Advocacy Director and current AARP NC Fraud Watch Network Lead Volunteer
- John Hammond, representative of the Senior Tar Heel Legislature and Governor’s Advisory Council on Aging
- Richard White, Senior Tar Heel Legislature Delegate and Aging Advisory Board Member
Wednesday Feb. 19, 3:30-5 p.m.
Seymour Center, 2551 Homestead Rd, Chapel Hill
Please Register by Feb. 14, at (919) 968-2070