Governor Roy Cooper and North Carolina Department of Health and Human Services (NCDHHS) Secretary Mandy K. Cohen, M.D. announced beginning on March 31, people in Group 4 who are essential workers not yet vaccinated, will be eligible for vaccination. Group 5, which includes anyone ages 16 and up who wants to be vaccinated, will become eligible April 7.
Since March 17th, part of Group 4, adults with high-risk medical conditions and people living in close group settings, have been eligible. The accelerated timeline will allow the state and vaccine providers to continue to get vaccines into arms quickly and continue to reach underserved and historically marginalized populations.
“It has been encouraging to see that our community members are ready and willing to get vaccinated,” said Orange County Health Director Quintana Stewart. “We welcome this new timeline that will allow all groups to be able to get this safe and effective vaccine.”
The Orange County Health Department (OCHD) is ready for people in remaining groups to sign up to be vaccinated. To register with OCHD complete the Vaccine Interest Form (VIF) at https://redcap.link/OCHDvax or call (919) 913-8088. The phone line is operated daily from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Spanish and other languages available.
The Orange County Health Department is not the only place to get the vaccine. See a full list of vaccinators at myspot.nc.gov or call 888-892-1162.
Providers vaccinating in Orange County (note that the list is subject to change)
- Orange County Health Department ― Visit their Get Your Shot page to sign up or call 919-913-8088 between 8:30 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. seven days a week.
- Greensboro Mass Vaccination Site ― Visit the Registration page or call 1-888-675-4567.
- UNC Health ― Visit the Get Vaccinated page or call 984-215-5485 between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. Monday-Friday.
- Piedmont Health Services ― Visit the COVID-19 Testing and Vaccination page or call 919-545-3452.
- Hillsborough Pharmacy ― Visit their Home Page or call 919-245-1212.
- Duke Health ― Visit the COVID-19 Vaccines Update page to join the waiting list. If you are a Duke MyChart user, you can check Duke MyChart regularly to view appointment availability.
- Cone Health ― Visit the COVID-19 Vaccine Information page to join the waiting list.
- Durham Veterans Affairs Health Care System ― Call 919-286-0411 and dial 0 for the operator to schedule an appointment if you are a veteran at high risk or a veteran frontline essential worker. The VA will reach out to more veterans as additional supplies become available. See the system’s website for more information. See the COVID-19 Vaccine for High Risk Veterans to see the listing of veterans eligible now for vaccination through the VA.
- Walgreens ― There are five Walgreens in Orange County that offer vaccines:
- 1670 Martin Luther King, Jr. Blvd., Chapel Hill
- 1500 E. Franklin St., Chapel Hill
- 801 Mebane Oaks Rd., Mebane
- 1106 Environ Way, Chapel Hill
- 200 US Highway 70 E, Hillsborough