Current Interest Projects
Conditional District Rezoning Application – 9825 NC Hwy 49, Cedar Grove, NC
This rezoning application was withdrawn by the applicant on 10/11/22
- Case Number: MA22-0003
- Parcel ID: 9940-46-0359
- Acreage: 7.05
- Current Zoning: Agricultural Residential (AR)
- Requested Zoning: Non-Residential Conditional (NR-CD)
- Watershed: South Hyco Creek Protected
- Township: Cedar Grove
The parcel is located within the Rural Industrial Node as defined within the adopted 2030 Orange County Comprehensive Plan. The Rural Industrial Node is land designated in the Comprehensive Plan that is focused on designated road intersections which serves as a nodal crossroads for the surrounding rural community and is an appropriate location for small-scale industrial uses which do not require urban type services.
Timeline for Review: The anticipated review schedule for this conditional rezoning application is as follows:
- Neighborhood Information Meeting: September 13, 2022, located at the large meeting room at the Orange County Public Library. 137 W. Margaret Lane, Hillsborough, NC 27278.
- Planning Board Review and Recommendation: October 5, 2022
NOTE: in accordance with Section 2.8.7 of the Unified Development Ordinance, notifications to property owners within 1,000 feet of the parcel requested for rezoning will be mailed by September 23, 2022.
Board of County Commissioners Public Hearing : Earliest possible BOCC Public Hearing would be November 1, 2022. NOTE : in accordance with Section 2.8.7 of th e Unified Development Ordinance, notifications to property owners within 1,000 feet of the parcel requested for rezoning will be mailed by October 21, 2022
If you have general questions, please email staff at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Interested parties can access information on the project utilizing the Permit Information Portal (PIP) using this link here: Click here to access our portal. Simply enter the project case number (MA22-0003) in the ‘search’ screen and you will be able to access available document(s) and review status.
The applicant submitted site plan is available here.
Traffic Impact Analysis Study is available here.
Efland Industrial Zoning Compliance Permit and Site Plan Approval
- Case Number: SPR21-0006
- Parcel ID: 9854161576 and 9854363711
- Acreage: Approximately 100 acres
- Zoning: Office, Research and Manufacturing (ORM); Major Transportation Corridor (MTC) Overlay District; and Efland Interstate Overlay District
- Watershed: Upper Eno Protected Watershed Protection Overlay
- Township: Cheeks
On September 15, 2021, staff accepted a non-residential Zoning Compliance Permit (ZCP) application and site plan proposing the development of the Efland Industrial Park. The project was assigned case number SPR21-0006.
Development involves two parcels of property totaling approximately 100 acres in the Cheeks Township of the County, further identified utilizing Orange County Parcel Identification Numbers (PINs) 9854161576 and 9854363711: