- Departments G - Z
- Teen Advisory Board
Teen Advisory Board
The Teen Advisory Board (TAB) is a group of teens who work to make the library teen-friendly. It's also a great way to get service learning and community service hours.
Fill out this form and drop it off at the Main Library in downtown Hillsborough.
How TAB Works
TAB runs for a couple of months three times a year in late winter/early spring, summer, and fall. TAB meets as a group every other Wednesday from 5:15-6:15 to discuss and plan things we want in the library for teens. When an event TAB has planned takes place, members participate, eat tasty food, and have fun! On the weeks in between meetings, members can schedule time to work on projects in the teen room if they want to get extra community service learning hours.
What We Do
- Create a welcoming teen area and displays about library materials that other teens may be interested in
- Design and create content for WaxPrint, our zine made for and by teens
- Plan and implement teen programs
- Promote reading and expression for and by teens
- Recommend items for the library’s collections
- Keep the teen opportunities bulletin board up to date
Benefits to Joining
- Use the experience on job applications
- Be creative and express yourself through projects and activities
- Enjoy personal satisfaction in serving your community and other teenagers
- Fulfill high school service learning requirements
- Have fun and food at meetings and events
- Make the library a great place for teens
Requirements and Expectations
- Be in 8th grade or higher
- Commit to attending meetings and events
- Complete tasks with direction and on your own
- Demonstrate an open-mind and respect of others' views
- Get your parent’s permission
- Have a desire to help the library reach out to our community’s teens
For more information, call 919.245.2525.