We currently offer two types of book clubs, those led by librarians and others led by community members. All book clubs are open to anyone who wishes to join!
Carrboro Book Club - in-person with the option to join via Zoom
This club meets the 4th Tuesday of the month at 6:30 p.m. Register online or by calling 919.245.2525 (Main Library in downtown Hillsborough) or 919.918.7387 (Cybrary in downtown Carrboro). You will receive the Zoom code the day of the book club.
- October 25 - Weather by Jenny Offill
- January 24 - The Idiot by Elif Batuman
- February 28 - Fight Night by Miriam Toews
- March 28 - Zorrie by Laird Hunt
- April 24 - Less by Andrew Sean Greer
- May 23 - Looking for Trouble by Virginia Cowles
- June 27 - Bewilderment by Richard Powers
Not a Book Club -- via Zoom
The next best thing to reading a good book is talking about it with our fellow readers. Join us online the 2nd Thursday of the month at 6:30 p.m. for an informal book discussion. We’re "Not a Book Club," so there’s no assigned reading and no pressure. Just grab a cup of coffee or a glass of wine, and let’s talk books! Register here or call 919.245.2525 for more details.
First Monday Classics (Hillsborough)
This club meets the 1st Monday of the month at 6:30 p.m. Please email James Maxey for more details.
- January 3 – Mrs. Dalloway by Virginia Woolf
- February 7 – Another Country by James Baldwin
- March 7 – Tess of the D’Urbervilles by Thomas Hardy
- April 4 – Sense and Sensibility by Jane Austen
- May 2 – The Invisible Man by H.G. Wells
- June 6 – Animal Farm by George Orwell
- July – Holiday – no meeting
- August 1 – David Copperfield by Charles Dickens
- September – Holiday – no meeting
- October 3 – Anna Karenina by Leo Tolstoy
- November 7 – Beloved by Toni Morrison
- December 5 – Mrs. McGinty’s Dead by Agatha Christie
Tuesday Evening Book Club (Hillsborough)
This club meets the 2nd Tuesday of the month at 6:30 p.m. in the Main Library's meeting room. For meeting information, please contact Sara Levinson.
- October 11, 2022 – any book by Nora Roberts
- November 8, 2022 – The Guncle by Steven Rowley
- December 13, 2022 – The Chicken Sisters by K.J. Dell’Antonia
- January 10, 2023 – Parallel Lives: Five Victorian Marriages by Phyllis Rose
- February 14, 2023 – Reader's choice
- March 14, 2023 – The Maid by Nita Prose
Book Club Kits
If you’d like to start your own book club, we can help. Each kit includes a reader’s guide that contains discussion questions and/or an author spotlight. Find out more information here.