Computers & Technology
Learn How to Use Technology
Online tutorials for learning how to use computers. You can create an account if you want to track your progress, or jump right into any of the available content. Start learning today!
Schedule a 1 on 1 appointment at the Main Library in Hillsborough with a librarian for assistance with questions on using your technology. Please call 919-245-2525 for more information.
Technology you can Borrow
For a full list of all the technology the library has to borrow, search #Tech@OCPL in our catalog.
- Checkout a Chromebook from the library for 3 weeks, with 2 renewals if there are no holds.
- Checkout a hotspot from the library for 3 weeks, with 2 renewals if there are no holds.
- Checkout a Kindle from the library for 3 weeks, with 2 renewals if there are no holds.
- Checkout a DVD or Blu-ray player from the library for 3 weeks, with 2 renewals if there are no holds.
Technology in our Buildings
Click here to find about out the accessible technology we have at the libraries in Hillsborough and Carrboro.
Print | Scan | Copy | Fax Service
- Print: While at the library, you may print from your laptop or other device, or our public computers. If you would like to order a print job from home or work, you can do that, too. Click here to access our print portal. We offer 5 free pages per day for all library account holders. Thereafter, we charge:
- $0.15 per page for black and white
- $0.25 per page for color
- Scan: Free. Standard scans of documents can be made using photocopiers at both branches. The Main Library has a desktop scanner for slides or film negatives. Please ask staff for assistance.
- $0.15 per page for black and white (letter, legal and ledger size)
- $0.25 per page for color (letter, legal and ledger size)
- Fax: $1 per job
Computers and Software
- Desktop computers with 24 inch monitors. Login using a library card or visitor pass.
- The following software on all desktops
- Ancestry (library edition)
- Microsoft Office 2016 - Word, Excel, Publisher, PowerPoint, Publisher
- Main Library in Hillsborough
- Network name = OC_Public_WiFi ; no password
- Cybrary in Carrboro
- Network name = tocwireless.net ; no password
- Youth Services at the Main Library offers iPads loaded with educational apps for checkout and use within the library.