Computers & Technology
The libraries in Hillsborough and Carrboro make it easy to check email, watch a short video, search the internet, and get work done. We have public computers and high speed public wifi at both locations; no library account is required.
Computers and Software
- Desktop computers for hour-long use and for 15-minute express tasks. If no one is waiting to use a computer, you may extend your use beyond the 1-hour limit
- The following software on all desktops
- Ancestry (library edition)
- Microsoft Office 2016 - Word, Excel, Publisher, PowerPoint, Publisher
- Checkout a Chromebook from the library for 3 weeks, with 2 renewals if there are no holds.
Online tutorials for learning how to use computers. You can create an account if you want to track your progress, or jump right into any of the available content. Start learning today!
- Hillsborough. OC_Public_WiFi; no password
- Carrboro. tocwireless.net; no password
Print | Scan | Copy | Fax Service
- Print. While at the library, you may print from your laptop or other device, or our public computers. If you would like to order a print job from home or work, you can do that, too. Click here to access our print portal. We offer 5 free pages per day for all library account holders. Thereafter, we charge:
- $.15 per page for black and white pages
- $.25 per page for color pages
- Scan. Free, using photocopiers. Not for slides or film negatives.
- Copy. $.15 black and white (letter, legal and ledger size)
- Fax. $1/job
Click here to find about out the accessible technology we have at the libraries in Hillsborough and Carrboro.