- Departments G - Z
- Health Department
- Clinic - Medical
- Child & Adolescent Health
Child & Adolescent Health
The following clinical services are offered:
- Routine well child care (physical exams, developmental screenings, immunizations, and parent education)
- Sports/Camp and Kindergarten physicals. Sports/camp physicals are flat fee services. Other services are charged on a sliding fee scale based on income.
- Sick Care for illness
- All healthcare services are by appointment.
What is a Well Child Check-up?
It is a visit to a Health Care Provider when your child is not sick. This visit includes a complete health history and a comprehensive physical exam. The physical exam includes the following:
- Height and weight measurement
- Age appropriate developmental screening
- Vision screening
- Hearing screening
- Blood pressure (3 years and up)
- Vital signs
- Nutrition assessment
- Lab procedures: urinalysis, sickle cell, tuberculin skin test, lead screening
These visits are also an opportunity to ask any questions you may have about your child's health.
When should my child have a Well Child Check-up?
It is recommended that you take your child to his/her primary care provider for a Well Child Check-up at the following ages:
- 2 weeks
- 2 months
- 4 months
- 6 months
- 9 or 15 months
- 12 months
- 18 months
- 2-20 years recommended annually
Remember to bring your child's immunization record with you to the appointment.
Care Coordination for Children (CC4C) services are available at no cost to any child age birth to five years who has special health care needs or is at risk due to environmental stress.
Counseling: Orange County Health Department offers FREE short-term professional counseling and wellness coaching to our OCHD Clinic patients. Appointments are available starting at 8:30 a.m. and as late as 5:00 p.m.
Postpartum/Newborn Home Visiting services are provided by Health Department nurses to Medicaid eligible women and infants shortly after they give birth.
For more information or to make an appointment, call the Health Department clinic at 919-245-2400 (Hillsborough) or 919-968-2022 (Chapel Hill).