You can pay any of your taxes using the following methods.
Cash, Check or Money Order
- accepted at both locations
- make checks payable to: Orange County Tax Collector
- mail checks to: PO Box 8181, Hillsborough, NC 27278
- A $25 or 10% penalty (whichever is greater) will be charged for any checks returned due to insufficent funds
- payments by credit card can ONLY be made by telephone (1-888-272-9829) or online
- Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover
- a convinence fee will be associated with credit card transactions.
Personal Online Banking
- must use bill number to ensure proper credit.
- bill number is printed in color on your bill.
Delinquent Collection Remedies
Enforced collection of taxes begins as soon as the bill becomes delinquent. These legal actions may include, but are not limited to, garnishment of wages, attachment of bank accounts and rents, seizure and sale of personal property, and foreclosure and sale of real property.
All enforced collection methods create collection costs that you are required to pay in addition to taxes, penalties, and interest. Contact the Tax Office for more information about specific collection costs. Delinquent real property taxes are advertised in March.