Orange County Government announces holiday closings
ORANGE COUNTY (December 20, 2017) -- Orange County administrative offices will close Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday, Dec. 25-27, in observance of the Christmas holiday. Offices will also be closed Monday, Jan. 1, 2018, in observance of New Year’s Day.
Please be advised of these additional changes in normal operating hours for the following Orange County departments or services.
- The Passmore Center will be closed on Saturday, Dec. 23, The Seymour Center will close at 4 p.m. on Saturday, Dec. 23. Both centers will resume normal hours on Thursday, Dec. 28.
- Any 9-1-1 calls for emergency Animal Control services will be answered on a 24-hour schedule. The after-hours animal drop will be open and checked daily. Holding periods for stray animals will be extended to account for the holiday closings.
- The Orange County Library will also be closed Sunday, Dec. 24.
Orange County Public Transportation
- OCPT will operate limited service serving the in-county dialysis route only (Carolina Dialysis) on Dec. 25-27 and Jan. 1.
- Trip requests for Dec. 28 must be received by 3 p.m., Dec. 21. Trip requests for Dec. 29 must be received by 3 p.m. Dec. 22.
- Blackwood Farm Park will be closed Dec. 23-24 and will resume normal operating hours on Friday, Dec. 29. This park is only open Friday-Sunday.
- Little River Regional Park will be closed Sunday Dec. 24 and Monday, Dec 25. Regular park hours resume Tuesday, Dec. 26.
Solid Waste Management Department
- Curbside recycling will not be collected on Monday, Dec. 25. The holiday makeup day for Monday only will be the following Saturday, Dec. 30. Please have recycling to the curb by 7 a.m.
- Solid Waste and Recycling Centers will be closed Sunday, Dec. 24, and Monday, Dec. 25 (Christmas Eve and Christmas Day). Normal hours resume Tuesday, Dec. 26.
- The Construction and Demolition Landfill will be closed Monday, Dec. 25.
- The Solid Waste Administration Offices will be Dec. 25-27. Normal hours resume Thursday, Dec. 28.
- Curbside recycling will not be collected on Monday, Jan. 1. The holiday makeup day for Monday only will be the following Saturday, Jan. 6. Please have recycling to the curb by 7 a.m.
- The Solid Waste Administration office, Waste and Recycling Centers, and the Construction and Demolition Landfill will be closed Monday, Jan. 1. Normal hours will resume on Tuesday, Jan. 2.