Orange County offers job search classes for older adults
ORANGE COUNTY, NC (November 29, 2017) — The Department on Aging will offer workshops to discover tips and suggestions on searching for jobs and exploring new careers in today’s marketplace.
For a more productive job search, attend Job Search Classes for Mature Job Seekers. Classes are FREE, and will be held the first week of each month.
Class Location, Dates and Topics:
Passmore Center, 103 Meadowlands Drive, Hillsborough, NC
- December 6: Addressing Age Discrimination and Overcoming Overqualified
- January 3: Effective Interviewing
- February 7: First Impressions are Critical
Seymour Center, 2551 Homestead Road, Chapel Hill, NC
- December 1: Addressing Age Discrimination and Overcoming Overqualified
- January 5: Effective Interviewing
- February 2: First Impressions are Critical
Individuals may also schedule a 30-minute appointment with employment specialist, Mike Komives, to discuss their options. Appointments are available on Mondays and Fridays at the Seymour Center and on Wednesday mornings at the Passmore Center.
To schedule an appointment, call the Aging Transitions Helpline at 919.968-2087 or email email@example.com.