Orange County invites public to estate planning workshops
ORANGE COUNTY, NC (November 20, 2017) — Orange County Department on Aging invites the public to take advantage of free estate planning workshops conducted by, Amy Osborne, Attorney-at-Law and Certified Public Accountant.
The two-part series of workshops on Estate Planning will be offered in English and Mandarin, and will take place at the Seymour Center located at 2551 Homestead Road in Chapel Hill.
Workshop Dates and Topics
Wednesday, December 13
Basic Estate Planning: How to Protect Your Things in Three Easy Steps
9 - 11:30 a.m. (Mandarin) and 2 - 4:30 p.m. (English)
Deadline to Register: Wednesday, December 6
- Know the Rules – Guardianship, Intestacy, Probate, Power of Attorney Will, Trust, and Administration
- Know your Predators – Taxes, Family Relationships, Care Costs, and Accidents/Lawsuits
- Know your Options – Documents vs. Planning, and Estate Planning
Friday, December 15
Estate Planning for Elder Law Issues
9 - 11:30 a.m. (Mandarin) and 2 - 4:30 p..m (English)
Deadline to Register: Friday, December 8
- Avoiding undue influence by family and acquaintances, wills and the probate process, avoiding probate with Revocable Living Trust, and asset protection through Irrevocable Trusts
- Providing for disabled beneficiary with Special Needs Trusts, Irrevocable Burial Trusts, Outside Probate, and Joint Ownership and Beneficiary Designations
There will be opportunities for questions and answers during all sessions.
For more information or to register, please call the Seymour Center at 919-968-2070.