Orange County to host Dementia Education Workshops
ORANGE COUNTY, NC — Orange County Department on Aging and Transitions GuidingLights invite paid in-home caregivers to take advantage of free dementia education workshops.
This education series is designed specifically for paid caregivers providing in-home care to residents of Orange County. Caregivers will learn:
- Types, stages and symptoms of dementia
- The effects of dementia on daily tasks
- How to make daily tasks more successful
Caregivers completing both half days will receive a certificate of recognition. Those on the Orange County Department on aging In-Home Helper Directory will receive a special designation in the directory.
The free two-part course will take place at the Passmore Center located at 103 Meadowlands Drive in Hillsborough, and Seymour Center located at 2551 Homestead Road in Chapel Hill.
Workshop Location and Schedule
- Tuesday, July 11 and 18, from 9:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
- Tuesday, September 19 and 26, from 1:30 p.m. – 4:30 p.m.
- Thursday, August 3 and 10, from 10:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
Space is limited. Register today!
To register, please call the Orange County Caregivers Awareness Respite Education and Support (OC CARES) office at 919-245-4253 or fill out the Dementia Education for In-Home Caregivers Registration Form online.
For questions, please contact Marie Dagger at 919-245-4253 or firstname.lastname@example.org.