Orange County Announces Recipients of 2017 Direct Care Worker Outstanding Service Awards
ORANGE COUNTY, NC (June 20, 2017)—Orange County Department on Aging and the Senior Health Advocacy and Resource Partners of Orange County (SHARP) recognize six direct care workers for outstanding service in long-term care. The 2017 SHARP Direct Care Worker Award recipients are as follows:
- Client Impact Award: Michael Price, Jr.
- Going the Extra Mile Award: Tammy Bobbitt
- Rising Star Award: Gia-Binh (Bianca) Nguyen
- Leadership Award: Brion Smith
- Longevity Award: Bessie Marshall
- Direct Care Worker of the Year: Jamie Johnson
The winners were honored on May 26, during the SHARP Awards ceremony. Orange County Board of Commissioners Chair Mark Dorosin presented the 2017 SHARP Direct Care Worker awards.
This event recognizes direct care workers (nurse aides, personal care aides, companion caregivers, etc.) who served clients in Orange County within the past year, making a difference in their clients’ lives on a daily basis and in the community.
Employers of the award winners were also honored at the awards ceremony, which took place at the Passmore Center.
The 2017 SHARP Direct Care Worker employers are as follows:
- Acorn Home Care Services, Inc.
- Carol Woods Retirement Community
- Residential Services, Inc.
- Visiting Angels of Central NC
To learn more about SHARP, please call 919.245.4276 or visit www.orangecounty/departments/aging/sharp_awards.php
Photo caption (from left): Catherine Rousseau, Director, Visiting Angels of Central NC, Jamie Johnson, Direct Care Worker of the Year, and Mark Dorosin, Chair, Orange County Board of Commissioners.