ORANGE COUNTY TO HOST SUMMER CARNIVAL
ORANGE COUNTY, NC (July 18, 2016)—Orange County Department on Aging, along with the Friends of the Jerry M. Passmore Center and the Robert and Pearl Seymour Center, invite the public to an event for people of ALL ages. The Lazy, Hazy, Crazy Days of Summer Carnival!
The event will take place rain or shine on Saturday, July 30, 2016 from 1:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m. at the Passmore Center located at 103 Meadowlands Drive in Hillsborough.
Emcee for the day will be Shannon Vickery, Director of Production at UNC TV and the Carnival Barker will be Mayor Tom Stevens of Hillsborough.
This Summer Carnival will feature the exciting events below and more!
Entertainment, Games and Activities:
- “Local Celebrity” Dunking Booth
- The World in Motion Dancing Demonstration
- Cherry Lou the Clown
- Ricky Ricardo and Lucy live from the Copa Cabana
- African Pygmy Pythons & Frog Prince
- Cow Milking Contest with Buttercup by Brookshire Senior Living
- Giant Soap Bubble Blowing Artistry with Geoffrey Neal
- Fun with Science by the North Carolina Botanical Garden and Morehead Planetarium
- Face Painting
- Spin Art by the Carillon of Hillsborough
- Mini Fairy Gardening Class
- Balloon Crafting Animal Class
- Hat Making with the Scrap Exchange
- Healthy Cooking Demonstrations
- Giant Paperhand Puppets including photo-ops
- Hillsborough and Chapel Hill fire truck to keep everyone wet and cool.
- Food Trucks and Carnival Snacks
Sponsors include UNC TV, UNC Hospitals Hillsborough Campus, Galloway Ridge, University Ford, Epting and Hackney, Leland Little Auctions, Solar Innovations, Chapel Hill Eyecare, East-West Partners, Homewatch Caregivers of the Triangle and Chapel Hill Magazine.
This joint Friends of Jerry M. Passmore Center and Friends of the Robert & Pearl Seymour Center fundraiser will help to support the programs and services at the Department on Aging’s two senior centers, the Passmore Center in Hillsborough and the Seymour Center in Chapel Hill.
Admission is $6.00 for adults and $3.00 for children 12 and under. Most activities are included in the General Admission Ticket Price.
Tickets can be purchased onsite on the day of the event or in advance online at http://www.sites.google.com/site/friendsseymourcenter.org
For more updated event info, call Kathie Reeves at 919-619-7260.
Come one, come all! It’s sure to be fun for the entire family!