Orange County Arts Commission accepting applications for 2018-19 Arts Grants
ORANGE COUNTY, NC (April 18, 2018) – The Orange County Arts Commission (OCAC) announces the 2018 Arts Grants Application Period. Funded by the North Carolina Arts Council and Orange County Board of County Commissioners, the grants provide funding to artists, nonprofit organizations, and schools providing high quality arts projects and programs between July 1, 2018 and June 30, 2019. The deadline to apply is Monday, June 4, 2018.
Two grants are available:
- Artist Project Grants aid local artists in creating high-quality arts projects and programs in Orange County.
- Grassroots Arts Program Grants help nonprofit organizations, schools, municipalities, and other groups develop high-quality arts programming taking place in Orange County.
New this year, the grants application process will take place exclusively online. The commission will host three training sessions where potential applicants can learn more about the application process changes and requirements:
Grassroots Arts Program Training Sessions (for groups):
- Thursday, May 3 at 6:30 p.m. at the Chapel Hill Public Library, Meeting Room B (100 Library Dr., Chapel Hill)
- Wednesday, May 9 at 6:30 p.m. at the Orange County Main Library Meeting Room (137 W. Margaret Lane, Hillsborough)
- Tuesday, May 8 at 6:30 p.m. at The ArtsCenter’s West End Theater (300-G E. Main St., Carrboro)