Orange County to host Technology Expo for seniors on April 28
ORANGE COUNTY, NC (March 21, 2018)—The Orange County Department on Aging is proud to present Making Technology Easier for Seniors, a technology expo featuring workshops to maximize the benefits of smart technology. The Expo will take place on Saturday, April 28, at the Seymour Center in Chapel Hill, from 9:30 a.m. – 1:30 p.m.
Smart devices have made life much easier and more comfortable. Experts will share practical information on getting the most out of these devices. The program is free and open to the public. Participants must register by Saturday, April 7.
Workshop Details and Schedule
- Session 1 – How smart is your Smartphone: Androids & iPhones
- Session 2 – The ABCs of Computers: iPads, Laptops, Tablets
- Session 3 – FUNTASTIC Fun with a Smart TV
- Session 4 – Stay Connect with Social Media: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram
- Session 5 – The Wonderful World of Mobile Banking
- Session 6 – Get Moving with Uber & Lyft
- Session 7 – Lock Down with Privacy, Passcodes and Security Tips
- Session 8 – Understanding Cell Phone Plans
- Special Bonus Session - Keeping up with your Fit Bit
All sessions, including the bonus session, will be offered four times throughout the day. A continental breakfast will be provided from 9:30 – 10 a.m., as will snacks in the afternoon.
The Seymour Center is located at 2551 Homestead Road in Chapel Hill.For more information and to register, please call the Seymour Center at 919-968-2070 by Saturday, April 7.