Help grow a new generation of farmers!
As a farmer and / or a landowner in Orange County you have a unique opportunity to help encourage young and beginning farmers build economically profitable and personally rewarding farm related enterprises in Orange County.
Consider completing one of the following links
Are you a...
- New farmer looking for land
- Established farmer looking for land to expand
- Farmer and / or landowner looking to lease or sell farmland
- Retiring farmer wanting to keep their land in agricultural production
- Farmer looking to fill farm manager or apprenticeship positions, or to mentor a new farmer
- Non-profit organization or municipality looking for farmers for farmland
If yes, then consider filling out the forms at the top of this page or contact the Orange County Agricultural Economic Development Coordinator at 919.245.2330 for additional information.
Selected Farm Link / Farm Transition Planning Resources
***The following information is provided for your information only. Consult YOUR attorney.***
Lease Considerations for Land Owner and Tenant
Worksheet - A great place to start
Sample Short Term Lease
Equity Arrangements for Improvements During Long Term Leases (Very Detailed)