Mobile Home Moving Permits
Permits are ONLY issued in the tax office located in Hillsborough.
Note: It is illegal to relocate a mobile home to another site, whether the site is in or out of Orange County, without a mobile home moving permit.
Requirements for issuing a permit:
The mobile home must be listed for the current year with tax office
The current year's taxes must be paid in full
All Back taxes must be paid in full
Requester must provide:
- Name of current owner
- Present location of mobile home
- Name and address of mover
- Make, model and size of mobile home
- Destination of mobile home: street address in or out of county, dealer lot, junk lot, etc.
- Name and address of new owner, if the move is a result of transfer of ownership
The permit is good for ONE move
The permit must be displayed in the window of the mobile home while it is being moved
For more information, contact the tax office
Before you move your mobile home to a location within Orange County, you must provide a copy of the moblie home moving permit to the Planning Department.