more news

Business Licenses

Request email notification when page changes Email me page updates

Orange County Tax Office issues a beverage licenses in accordance with NCGS 105-113.70.

Beverage licenses:

    • A business that serves beer and wine must have a County license before opening for business.
    • A copy of your North Carolina State ABC License is required for our office to issue your County license for the first time. A copy of your temporary NC State ABC License is acceptable.
    • All licenses expire April 30, no matter what date the license is issued. The license must be renewed each year for a fee.
    • If your business is located in the city limits of Hillsborough, Chapel Hill, or Carrboro, you may be required to purchase a beer and wine license from them as well. Contact information is below:
      • Town of Hillsborough 919-732-2104
      • Town of Chapel Hill 919-968-2759
      • Town of Carrboro 919-942-8541