The Emergency Services Department dispatches ambulances upon request and provides emergency services. The Revenue & Collections Division of the Tax Office collects for these services. In addition, Revenue & Collections collects other bills resulting from Fire Inspections, HazMat, and Emergency Services Attendance of Special Events for the Emergency Services Department.Bill Inquiry
- Please contact the Tax Office at (919)245-2100 option 3 for assistance with an ambulance bill. Please refer to our FAQs for answers to common EMS billing questions.
- Payment is due 30 days after the billing date.
- Payment can be made by cash, check, money order and debit or credit cards.
- Pay in person at the Tax Office located in Hillsborough.
- Pay with debit/credit cards by phone at 1-844-435-3981. When prompted for 22-digit bill number, please use your Run Number instead.
- Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover (fees apply to debit/credit card payments).
FEES: Visa Debit for Tax Payments Only: Flat Fee of $3.95
Credit and Other Debit Card Transactions: 2.5% of Payment Amount, Minimum $2.00
A convenience fee will be associated with credit or debit card transactions. This convenience fee is a charge assessed when a consumer pays with credit card rather than by cash, check or Automated Clearing House (ACH) transfer. Orange County has partnered with Point and Pay LLC to offer credit and debit card payment solutions to its taxpayers. The convenience fee currently is 2.5% of the transaction amount with a minimum charge of $2.00. For payments made using a Visa Debit Card, the convenience fee charged will be a flat fee of $3.95. The convenience fee is paid to and retained by Point and Pay LLC for the use of its automated service. This fee is separate from your property tax amount, and Orange County does not receive any portion of the convenience fee.
- Or mail checks to: Orange County Revenue: Ambulance Billing, P.O. Box 8181, Hillsborough, N.C. 27278
- Before Revenue & Collections can file insurance, the office needs a signed medical release form (pdf) on file for each ambulance trip occurrence.
Ambulance Billing Payment Assistance
If you have received a bill for Orange County ambulance service you may be eligible for assistance in paying the bill. Please see the chart shown below to determine if your income is 200% or less of the 2015 Federal Poverty Guideline according to your household size. If your income does fall within the 200% or less category, please contact us for further assistance.