Study and Meet
The Orange County Public Library in downtown Hillsborough maintains welcoming study and meeting spaces for residents, county departments and community organizations.
Three study rooms are available on the second floor of the Main Library. The largest of the 3 study rooms can seat up to 6 people.
Reserve a study room
Study rooms are reserved on a first-come, first-served basis, for up to 2 hours at a time. Reservations may be made in person at the information desk on the second floor, or by calling Adult & Teen Services at 919.245.2536.
Main Library meeting room
The Main Library has a large meeting room available for use by the public. You may reserve the meeting room up to 90 days in advance by using the county’s online facility reservation system. (See steps below)
If the library’s meeting room is already reserved, you may use the county’s reservation system to see if other facilities are available.
Setup and cleanup
Setup and cleanup of the room is the responsibility of the meeting or event organizer. Cleanup includes:
- Removing trash and recycling to the outside bins at the back of the library
- Replacing tables and chairs as noted in a diagram posted in the meeting room
We ask that you and your meeting participants have the above tasks completed in time to leave the library 15 minutes before closing.
Meeting room capacity
If you are using our meeting room tables and chairs for your event, the room will comfortably hold 50 people. If your event requires chairs only, it will comfortably seat 95.
- Convenient, free parking in an adjacent parking garage
- Meeting room tables and chairs
- Staging kitchen
- Projector, screen, assistive listening devices. You must arrange use of this equipment prior to your meeting or event. Email here for more information.
How to reserve the library's meeting room
Log in to use the county’s online reservation system. (If you have not reserved a room before, you will need to create an account.) After logging in:
- Select the Main Library location;
- Enter a desired date;
- Provide a time range that will cover setup, cleanup, and leaving 15 minutes before closing;
- Click Search. Available times show up in green, unavailable in red. If your desired date or time isn’t available at the library, try a different date or time, or a different location.
- Add the item to your cart and check out. You will receive a confirmation via email.
Types of meetings/events you can host in the meeting room
- Individual group meetings, for example, homeowners associations, non-profit boards, work retreats
- Events intended for the general public, such as candidate forums, book launches, speakers