Art at the library
"At a time in which both libraries and arts organizations are often having to do more with less, it makes sense for these two parts of our culture to support each other." Library as Incubator Project
Art at the Main Library
- January - February, 2018: Mike's Art Truck and Free Spirit Freedom
- March 2 - 15, 2018: Orange High School, AP Art Students
- March 18 - April 9, 2018: Cedar Ridge High School, IB Students
- May 2 - 29, 2018: Orange County Schools, District Art Show
- June 2018: Miriam Sagasti, miriamsagastiartist.com and Shannon Fitzgerald, www.boldmovesstudio.com
- July - August, 2018: Photography Contest Winners, Department of Environment, Agriculture, Parks and Recreation. Contest information can be found here.
- September, 2018: open
- October 2018: Art in honor of Disability Employment Awareness Month, work from clients at Orange Enterprises.
- November-December 2018: Subha Raghu, sampoornafinearts.com
- The Main Library's art policy and guidelines can be found here.
- Our checklist for artists displaying their work is here.
Art at the Carrboro Branch Library
The library is honored to have the Friends of the Carrboro Branch Library support this artist-operated program in the southern part of the county. Through this vibrant partnership, we have displayed the work of over 1,650 local artists over the past 17 years.
For additional information about art in the Carrboro Branch Library please contact Nerys Levy, at email@example.com