Human Relations Commission
To this end, the Orange County Board of Commissioners created the Orange County Human Relations Commission to:
- Study and make recommendations concerning problems in the field of human relationships
- Anticipate and discover practices and customs most likely to create animosity and unrest and to seek solutions to problems as they arise
- Make recommendations designed to promote goodwill and harmony among groups in the County irrespective of their race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, affectional preference, disability, age, marital status or status with regard to public assistance
- Monitor complaints involving discrimination
- Address and attempt to remedy the violence, tensions, polarization, and other harm created through the practices of discrimination, bias, hatred, and civil inequality
- Promote harmonious relations within the county through hearings and due process of law.
Human Relations Commission Members
Matt Case, Vice Chair
Jacqulyn Podger, Secretary
Deborah Stroman, Chair
To apply for the Human Relations Commission, follow the link here.