Affordable Housing Advisory Board
Town of Chapel Hill and Orange County Resident Survey for the Five Year Consolidated Plan, Annual Action Plan, and Analysis of Impediments to Fair Housing Choice
The Town of Chapel Hill and Orange County are preparing their FY 2015-2019 Five Year Consolidated Plan and FY 2015 Annual Action Plan for the Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) and Home Investment Partnership (HOME) Programs. As part of the planning process, the Municipalities are conducting a survey to identify residents' needs in the community and ideas on how the residents would like to see funds budgeted under the CDBG and HOME Programs, as well as an analysis of any impediments to fair housing choice. Please take a few minutes and complete this confidential survey (en español)to the best of your ability. Thank you for your assistance in helping us to identify residents' needs in Chapel Hill and Orange County.
The Orange County Affordable Housing Advisory Board was established in 2001 by the Orange County Board of Commissioners to advise the Commissioners regarding the following matters:
- Prioritizing housing needs
- Assessing project proposals
- Publicizing the County's housing objectives
- Monitoring the progress of local housing programs
- Exploring new funding opportunities, and
- Increasing the community's awareness of, understanding of, commitment to and involvement in producing attractive affordable housing.
The establishment of the Affordable Housing Advisory Board was recommended by the Affordable Housing Task Force in 2001. The executive summary of the Task Force report is available here.