STD and HIV Testing
Sexually Transmitted Disease (STD) and
HIV/AIDS ServicesFor information and appointments call
STD Testing and Counseling
We provide free, confidential counseling and testing for sexually transmitted diseases (STD) at both clinic locations (Hillsborough and Chapel Hill).
Services include a physical examination, appropriate labs, treatment and counseling for:
- Chlamydia (females only)
- Herpes (tissue culture for clients with symptoms only)
- Urethritis (males only)
STD testing is by appointment with same day or next day availability.
Contact us at (919) 245-2400 for further information or to schedule an appointment.
HIV/AIDS Testing and Counseling
(Human Immunodeficiency Virus/Acquired Immunodeficiency Disease Syndrome)
Free and Confidential HIV Testing
HIV Counseling and Testing services are available at both clinic locations (Hillsborough and Chapel Hill). Appointments for the HIV blood test are available the day of request or the next day. Results are available within 1-2 weeks. There is no charge for the test. All services are confidential.
Pre-Exposure Prophylaxis for High-Risk Individuals
We offer prescriptions for Truvada, a pre-exposure prophylaxis, to patients identified as being at high-risk for HIV infection. Any patient receiving a Truvada prescription will also be required to participate in regular follow-up appointments where they will be seen at the health department every three months for assessment, counseling, and a blood test.
Those considered to be high-risk are:
- Serodiscordant couples (couples where one partner is infected with HIV and the other is not)
- Men who have sex with men and engage in high-risk sexual behaviors or have been diagnosed with a sexually transmitted infection within the last six months
- Heterosexually active men and women who do not use condoms frequently
- People who use IV drugs and report to share needles
- Limit your number of sexual partners
- Never share needles
- Use condoms correctly and consistently