Primary Care (Sick Care)
Primary Care is the diagnosis and treatment of common illnesses. Sick care is available for clients enrolled in Family Planning, Prenatal or Child Health Services at the Health Department at both the Hillsborough and Chapel Hill offices.
What you need to know:
- Family Nurse Practitioners and a Family Practice Physician provide primary care services
- You need to enroll in one of the prevention programs first to be seen for primary care (our prevention programs are family planning, prenatal care services, and child health)
- You must be an Orange County resident
- Charges are on a sliding scale based on family size and income - there is a minimum fee of $20 for any primary care visit payable prior to the service
- We are a Carolina Access Provider. We bill Medicaid, BCBSNC, and Cigna
- Please call for an appointment
- Evening hours (9:30 AM - 6:30 PM) are available one day per week at each site:
- Tuesday - Hillsborough
- Thursday - Chapel Hill
- After hours consultation is available by phone through UNC HealthLink
- Hospitalization and specialty care provided through referral to UNC Hospitals
For more information or to make an appointment, call the health department clinic at 919-245-2400 (Hillsborough) or 919-968-2022 (Chapel Hill).